Sunday 27 September 2015

After the rain comes sun...,

This summer has given me precious few opportunities to get out on photo shoots, but when my friend Artemis Fauna told me she was heading back to Somerset for a few days, I knew I had to make time in my schedule for a shoot.  So we managed to grab a few hours in a woodland on the fringes of Exmoor.

Having sat in the car waiting for a summer rainstorm to pass, we ventured into the woods with the ground still wet from the rain.  Having wandered around for 20 mins we found the remains of an old stone building, covered in ivy and decided that would make the best setting.  As we were getting ready, the sun started to break through, creating an unusual light, diffused by the water vapour rising up from the warmed earth.  

As always, Artemis has an uncanny ability to create moments of sublime beauty from the humblest of surroundings. She is the modelling equivalent of an Alchemist and never ceases to surprise and delight my creativity.  I've added a small selection of images from the afternoon that capture the mood








No comments:

Post a Comment